Monday, May 14, 2007

Homemade: Debbie And Andrew's Sicilian pork





I haven't seen these sausages in my local supermarket but apparently you can get them at Morrisons. I actually found them by chance when I went to the 'Ideal Home' Exhibition in London earlier this year. You can find out more from the company website here http://www.debbieandandrews.co.uk/

The first variety I tried was the Sicilian pork which , as the packet says, is flavoured with basil, garlic, sun-dried tomato and mozzarella. I served the sausages in simple hot dog buns with mustard and ketchup.



They were delicious. Intensely flavourful but well balanced. The mozzarella was hard to make out, to be honest, but the meat and the herbs worked really well. These are top quality sausages - possibly the best I've had at home and they go fantastically well with a hot dog bun (the plainer the bread the better, I think, as the sausage is so full of flavour).

Highly recommended.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually i thought you might like to check out the Pork & Sons cookbook.

http://www.phaidon.com/porkandsons/

they have a brioche recipe, where you cook a brioche around a cooked sausage (recipe not on the site, sadly) that is my current lunchbox treat.

do you think this counts as a sandwich?

mary

Scoffer said...

Hi Mary,

Absolutely, although I think you have to choose the right sausage to go with the rich, buttery bread. A brioche based sausage sandwich was voted the best in Britain last year.

http://sausageandbread.blogspot.com/2006/11/britains-best-sausage-sarnie-announced.html

Scoffer

Anonymous said...

ummmmm, i can see why that sandwich was a winner!